Semantics


Some sweetly literal soul queried the use of the term 'bookmaker' at the head of this blog.
I was being a bit of a punster there, dear heart. I don't stand by the rails hoping the favourite in the 3.30 at Haydock falls at the last. What I do, what we do as a team, is create, produce, generate, manufacture books. Bits of paper with ink on, cut, sewn together and glued between bits of cardboard and wrapped in shiny jackets to educate, inform and entertain the great reading masses.
Well, a modest segment of the reading masses. We're still waiting for the million-seller, I freely confess. Never believe a publisher who mutters about quality rather than quantity. We might like waving a posh book at booksellers, but we still want them to sell in truck loads.
The best seller is just round the corner. I can feel it in my lovely bones.

No comments: